Research on the reasons for the aging resistance of PU steel wire hose
PU transparent steel wire hose has serious aging when used for a long time, and it will become hard and discolored, which will cause inconvenience in use. So what are the main factors that cause aging? Research shows that there are mainly the following factors:
1. Ozone reacts with plastic molecules in the PU steel wire hose and PU transparent steel wire hose with free radical chain reaction, the molecular chain breaks or excessive cross-linking, causing the change of performance. Oxidation is one of the important reasons for the aging of PU transparent steel wire hose. The chemical activity of ozone is much higher than that of oxygen, and it is more destructive.
2. It is easy to be destroyed when wet air is exposed to rain or soaked in water. This is because the water-soluble substances and clear water groups in the plastic are extracted and dissolved by water. Caused by hydrolysis or absorption. Especially under the alternating action of water immersion and atmospheric exposure, the damage will be accelerated.
3. Increasing the temperature can cause thermal cracking or thermal crosslinking. But the basic function of heat is activation, which increases the oxygen diffusion rate and activates the oxidation reaction, thereby accelerating the oxidation reaction rate of the PU steel wire pipe. This is a common aging phenomenon-thermal oxygen aging.
4. The shorter the light wave, the greater the energy. The damage is the higher energy ultraviolet rays. In addition to the direct rupture and cross-linking of the plastic molecular chain caused by ultraviolet rays, the plastic generates free radicals due to the absorption of light energy, which initiates and accelerates the oxidation chain reaction process. Ultraviolet light plays a heating role.
5. Other influencing factors: chemical media, variable valence metal ions, high-energy radiation, electricity and biology, etc.